At Wolferstans, we are passionate about delivering exceptional legal experiences. Clients who contact us to deal with sensitive legal matters are placing a great deal of trust in us and it is critical that we repay this trust by treating them with the warmth, professionalism, understanding and courtesy that they deserve.
We were the first firm in Plymouth to be awarded the title of Compassionate Workplace and in the past year we have won “Large Business of the Year” at the 2021 Plymouth Business Awards, “Law Firm of the Year” at the LawNet Awards and secured our place in the Times Legal Top 200 – why not come and be a part of our success?
You will be part of a supportive and flexible working environment where you have the ability to further your career aspirations. Our benefits package includes 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays and an extended break over the Christmas period, you are also awarded a day off for your birthday and will be signed up to our Health Care Plan designed with wellbeing in mind.
What will you do?
As a Compliance Assistant you will work closely with our Compliance Solicitor, Compliance Manager and Money Laundering Reporting Office ensuring the Firm complies with its’ legal and regulatory requirements. This is a busy support role that requires good organisation skills as well as a proactive approach, you will have the ability to work on your own initiative together with assisting the Compliance Team with tasks assigned to you.
- Manage routine ID and Money Laundering queries
- Lexcel and ISO applications, renewals and audits
- CQS and WIQS applications, renewals and audits
- Internal audits as directed by the CoLP, CoFA, MLRO and Compliance Team including thematic files reviews
- Assist in reviewing compliance policies, tracked changes and uploading to internal intranet.
- Assist with other compliance related queries or projects as required.
What do you offer?
It is essential that you have previous experience of working in a similar role within a legal environment, having exposure to sensitive and confidential information, having gained experience in Regulatory Compliance, Data Protection, AML, CQS, WIQS combined with excellent time management skills will enable you to manage your own workload and hit the ground running.
- Communication skills
- Time management skills and able to prioritise effectively
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrate a passion for client service excellence
- Deal sensitively and appropriately with confidential information
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with team members the firms’ employees and partners.
- Work well under pressure within stipulated timescales and meet deadlines
You will be:
- Proud of a professional and positive work attitude with the ability to embrace change
- Willing to attend courses and webinars to increase knowledge and understanding
- Keen to work towards or demonstrate the firm’s core competencies
- Committed to Wolferstans, and able to provide a confident and positive input, taking
- responsibility and ownership for the success of the firm and your own development
Applications will officially close on 13 January 2023. However, we are keen to talk to suitable candidates at the earliest possible opportunity and will close the vacancy to new applications once conversations reach an advanced stage to avoid a delay. We would therefore urge candidates who are interested in this vacancy to get in touch ASAP and discuss the opportunity with us.