Solicitor or Chartered Legal Executive
At Wolferstans, we care passionately about the experience that clients have when doing business with us. Clients who contact us to deal with sensitive legal matters are placing a great deal of trust in us and it is critical that we repay this trust by treating them with the warmth, professionalism, understanding and courtesy that they deserve.
We have recently won 'Excellence in Client Care' at the 2023 LawNet Awards, secured Silver for 'Customer Experience Strategy' at the 2023 UK Customer Experience Awards, and maintained our place in The Times Legal Top 250 for the 4th year in a row. Why not come and be a part of our success?
You will be part of a supportive and flexible working environment where you have the ability to further your career aspirations. Our benefits package includes 5 weeks' annual leave plus bank holidays and an extended break over the Christmas period, you are also awarded a day off for your birthday and will be signed up to our Health Care Plan designed with wellbeing in mind.
What will you do?
Our busy and growing Disputes and Litigation team undertakes an interesting range of quality work for a wider client base. Your previous experience together with being a qualified Solicitor or qualified Chartered Legal Executive will enable you to run a mixed case load of civil litigation work.
You will be based at our North Hill office. After training, you will have the opportunity to work from home part of the week within a paper light environment with essential IT equipment being provided to you.
What do you offer?
You will be capable of working independently and have the ability to work efficiently, have strong problem solving and prioritisation skills and have a passion for providing a high-quality service to our clients.
You will be a Qualified Solicitor or Legal Executive with previous experience of running a caseload of civil litigation cases.
- Communication skills
- Time management skills and able to prioritise effectively
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrate a passion for client service excellence
- Deal sensitively and appropriately with confidential information
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with team members the firms’ employees and partners.
- Work well under pressure within stipulated timescales and meet deadlines
You will be:
- Proud of a professional and positive work attitude with the ability to embrace change
- Willing to attend courses and webinars to increase knowledge and understanding
- Keen to work towards or demonstrate the firm’s core competencies
- Committed to Wolferstans, and able to provide a confident and positive input, taking responsibility and ownership for the success of the firm and your own development
Applications will officially close on 31 December 2023. However, we are keen to talk to suitable candidates at the earliest possible opportunity and will close the vacancy to new applications once conversations reach an advanced stage to avoid a delay. We would therefore urge candidates who are interested in this vacancy to get in touch ASAP and discuss the opportunity with us.