Solicitor, Chartered Legal Executive or Licensed Conveyancer
At Wolferstans, we are passionate about delivering exceptional legal experiences. Clients who contact us to deal with sensitive legal matters are placing a great deal of trust in us and it is critical that we repay this trust by treating them with the warmth, professionalism, understanding and courtesy that they deserve.
We were the first firm in Plymouth to be awarded the title of Compassionate Workplace and in the past year we have won “Large Business of the Year” at the 2021 Plymouth Business Awards, “Law Firm of the Year” at the LawNet Awards and secured our place in the Times Legal Top 200 – why not come and be a part of our success?
You will be part of a supportive and flexible working environment where you have the ability to further your career aspirations. Our benefits package includes 5 weeks' annual leave plus bank holidays and an extended break over the Christmas period. You are also awarded a day off for your birthday and will be signed up to our Health Care Plan designed with wellbeing in mind.
What will you do?
Your previous experience will enable you to be able to run a caseload of Residential Conveyancing Property matters. You will deal with a broad caseload of sales and purchases of freehold and leasehold properties, re-mortgages, transfers of equity.
You will be able to utilise the services offered by our inhouse onboarding, post completion and business support teams.
You will be based at our Plympton office with the opportunity to either work from our Plymstock or North Hill office if desired. After training, you will have the opportunity to work from home part of the week within a paperlight environment with essential IT equipment being provided to you.
What do you offer?
Qualified Solicitor, Legal Executive or Licensed Conveyancer with previous experience of working in a similar role with the responsibility of running a full caseload.
- Communication skills
- Time management skills and able to prioritise effectively
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrate a passion for client service excellence
- Deal sensitively and appropriately with confidential information
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with team members the firms’ employees and partners.
- Work well under pressure within stipulated timescales and meet deadlines
You will be:
- Proud of a professional and positive work attitude with the ability to embrace change
- Willing to attend courses and webinars to increase knowledge and understanding
- Keen to work towards or demonstrate the firm’s core competencies
- Committed to Wolferstans, and able to provide a confident and positive input, taking responsibility and ownership for the success of the firm and your own development
Applications will officially close on 31 January 2023. However, we are keen to talk to suitable candidates at the earliest possible opportunity and will close the vacancy to new applications once conversations reach an advanced stage to avoid a delay. We would therefore urge candidates who are interested in this vacancy to get in touch ASAP and discuss the opportunity with us.