Solicitor/Chartered Legal Executive
At Wolferstans, we are passionate about delivering exceptional legal experiences. Clients who contact us to deal with sensitive legal matters are placing a great deal of trust in us and it is critical that we repay this trust by treating them with the warmth, professionalism, understanding and courtesy that they deserve.
We were the first firm in Plymouth to be awarded the title of Compassionate Workplace and in the past year we have won “Large Business of the Year” at the 2021 Plymouth Business Awards, “Law Firm of the Year” at the 2022 LawNet Awards and secured our place in The Times Legal Top 200 – why not come and be a part of our success?
You will be part of a supportive and flexible working environment where you can further your career aspirations. Our benefits package includes 5 weeks' annual leave plus bank holidays and an extended break over the Christmas period, you are also awarded a day off for your birthday and will be signed up to our Health Care Plan designed with wellbeing in mind.
What will you do?
This is an opportunity to join a very supportive, highly regarded and well-established team. The purpose of this role is to manage your own varied caseload of Wills, Probate, Trust and Power of Attorney matters. The successful candidate must have at least 3 years PQE and ideally be a member of STEP or SFE, although not essential.
You will be based at our North Hill with the flexibility to work from home two days a week.
What do you offer?
Previous experience of working in a similar role and running a Wills and Probate caseload.
- Communication skills
- Time management skills and able to prioritise effectively
- Attention to detail
- Deal sensitively and appropriately with confidential information
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with team members, the firm’s employees, and partners.
- Work well under pressure within stipulated timescales and meet deadlines
You will be:
- Proud of a professional and positive work attitude with the ability to embrace change
- Willing to attend courses and webinars to increase knowledge and understanding
- Keen to work towards or demonstrate the firm’s core competencies
- Committed to Wolferstans and able to provide a confident and positive input, taking responsibility and ownership for the success of the firm and your own development
- Assist with the marketing of the department and the firm
Applications will officially close on 30 September 2023. However, we are keen to talk to suitable candidates at the earliest possible opportunity and will close the vacancy to new applications once conversations reach an advanced stage to avoid a delay. We would therefore urge candidates who are interested in this vacancy to get in touch as soon as possible and discuss the opportunity with us.
PLEASE NOTE: We are currently recruiting for multiple solicitor roles. Please specify the department you are applying for within your application.