We are open for business for new and existing clients.
Our receptions are open and operating in accordance with Covid-Secure Guidelines. Court hearings, property sales/purchases and making Wills remain priority services which you can attend our offices to progress, if necessary. Please arrange an appointment in advance and attend at the allocated time.
Whilst we can provide the majority of our services remotely and many clients are able to access them in that way, there are some instances where clients do not have either the ability or the means to access legal advice in this way. Their access to these essential services will be facilitated by the managed opening of our receptions.
There will be minimal staff onsite as most of our employees continue to work remotely. Please can we ask that any clients wishing to visit the offices phone beforehand on 01752 663295 so that a time slot for arrival can be offered to enable us to keep traffic to these areas and waiting times to a minimum.
We have conducted a thorough coronavirus risk assessment and from this implemented a Covid-secure working practice policy to ensure the safety of both staff and clients.
We recommend visitors to our buildings to wear a face covering, unless they are exempt from doing so. Guidance for visitors is available below.
Visiting our offices
As social distancing remains vital we ask that you phone us on 01752 663295 before attending any of the offices so we can offer you a time slot to arrive, enabling us to keep traffic within these areas to a minimum. Please do not visit our offices if you do not have a pre-arranged appointment with a member of staff. We continue to work remotely wherever possible, progressing matters by telephone, email and video call. Our files are electronic and our staff have full secure access to their client matters.
Before you attend your appointment
Wolferstans has implemented a Covid-19 Secure Workplace Policy. You will be asked to read this guidance before visiting our offices. You will also be asked to confirm that you are not presenting with any Covid-19 symptoms and have not been exposed to any potential high-risk circumstances.
Arriving for your pre-arranged appointment – Do not attend if you are unwell or have been in contact with someone with symptoms.
- Main entrance – our car parks are available but please only enter by the front main entrances.
- Sanitisation stations – Please use the hand sanitisers provided as you enter our buildings.
- Face coverings – We kindly request all visitors to our buildings to wear a face covering, unless exempt.
- Friends and family – Any meeting will only accommodate those individuals that are required to be present. If you bring friends or family members who are not required to attend the meeting then they will be asked to wait outside.
- Reduced touch points – staff members will open doors and direct where you should go.
- Meeting rooms – Your meeting will be held in an appropriate meeting room with a specified maximum capacity. Please maintain 2 metre distancing at all times. A screen may also be provided. Windows will be opened frequently to increase ventilation.
- Documentation and stationery – If you are required to sign documents during the meeting you will be provided with a single use pen that is then taken away. Alternatively, you may bring your own pen.
- Refreshments – To reduce risk, there will be no refreshments available for you during your meeting such as hot and cold drinks. If you require refreshments whilst in your meeting, then please bring your own.
- Duration – meetings will be kept to a minimum length, with work that can be done in advance or afterwards done remotely.
- Enhanced cleaning – our meeting rooms and facilities are being cleaned more frequently and any equipment is wiped down after use.
In exceptional circumstances it may be possible for us to visit a client in their home or care setting. This is only available when there is no other alternative and an individual risk assessment is required in advance. Please contact us for more details.
Thank you for your cooperation. If you have any questions or suggestions, please contact us on 01752 663295.
If you or anyone you live with, or have been in contact with, has any of the symptoms of Coronavirus, please do not visit the offices, stay at home and adhere to the self-isolation guidance to protect yourself and others.
We have undertaken a full Covid-secure workplace risk assessment, which can be found below, and can confirm that we have complied with the government’s guidance on managing the risks within the workplace.
We have a wealth of information available which has been compiled by our Legal Experts regarding COVID-19; including furlough advice, advice for residential and commercial property landlords, how we can create a Will or update your existing Will from the comfort of your own home and much more, which you can find here.