Application for a Grant of Probate or Letters of Administration Only (Non-Taxable Estate)
If you choose this option, we prepare the papers for an application for a Grant of Probate or Letters of Administration based upon information provided by you, and then hand the estate back to you for completion. This applies to estates where Inheritance Tax is not usually payable and a straightforward Inheritance Tax account (IHT205) is required.
What is included?
- Preparation of the Legal Statement and HM Revenue & Customs account (IHT 205) after details of the assets and liabilities of the estate are supplied by you
- Meeting you to go through and sign all paperwork. This can also be arranged by post or email, if preferred
- Lodging the application with Probate Registry and paying appropriate Court fees on your behalf
- Forwarding copies of the Grant to you when received
What is not included?
- Preparation of any detailed inheritance tax account (IHT400)
- Claim for transferable nil rate band inheritance tax relief or residence nil rate band or investigations into the same
- Payment of any Inheritance Tax or other taxes
- Investigations into any assets or liabilities of the estate
- Collection of and distribution of any estate assets
- Payment of any estate liabilities
- Preparation of any estate account
- Searches such as asset searches, bankruptcy searches, creditor notices
- Advice upon Deeds of Variation or interpretation of the Will
- Advice in relation to life policies or assets held in Trust or outside of the estate
What does it cost?
This service has a standard fee estimate of £995 plus VAT for our charges where there is a Will and the application is for a Grant of Probate. If an application is required urgently then we reserve the right to charge an additional fee for the urgency of the work. Our charges for an urgent application are usually £1350 plus VAT.
The following fees will be in addition:
- Probate Court fees (£237 plus £1.50 per copy grant required)
- Land registry fees for Office Copy Entries (if required) (£3 plus VAT per property).
Letters of Administration Costs
This service has a standard fee estimate of £1250 plus VAT for our charges. If an application is required urgently then we reserve the right to charge an additional fee for the urgency of the work. Our charges for an urgent application are usually £1500 plus VAT.
How long will it take?
It is difficult to predict how long the overall process will take as it will depend upon how quickly the information can be provided by you and how quickly the Probate Registry can respond to the application. However, we expect to carry out our work within 2-4 weeks of receiving the papers from you.
In the event that additional work is required for any reason or an unforeseen complexity arises that means that the above pricing structure is no longer appropriate we would advise you of this at the outset, or as the situation arises.
In this section
Get in touch to discuss how we can help you.
Meet the teamSearch
Wolferstans LLP is a limited liability partnership, registered in England and Wales (registered number OC433921) which is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with number 811913. (Plymstock Office SRA number 819159; Plympton Office SRA number 819160). The SRA’s Standards and Regulations can be viewed here. A list of the members of Wolferstans LLP, and of their professional qualifications, is available for inspection at our registered office: 60/66 North Hill Plymouth Devon PL4 8EP. We use the word `partner` to refer to a member of the LLP or an employee or consultant with equivalent standing and qualifications. Data Protection Register Entry Number ZB009475 with an expiry date of 14 March 2022.VAT Registration Number 144043893.