Terms and Conditions
- The use of the term ‘we’, ‘our’ or ‘us’ refers to Wolferstans Solicitors of 60/66 North Hill, Plymouth PL4 8EP.
- By using Our Websites you consent to these Terms and Conditions, our Notice of Copyright and Disclaimer. You also consent to the collection and use of your personal information as set out under data protection and privacy.
- If you wish to create a link between this website and another website you must obtain our prior written permission which we may withhold without giving reasons or make subject to any conditions that we require. For permission please contact our Senior Partner, Mr John Chapman.
- Our omission to exercise any right under these Terms and Conditions of Use or the Notice of Copyright shall not constitute a waiver of any such right unless express permission has been obtained from us in writing.
- Our Terms & Conditions of Use and the Notice of Copyright shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Law of England and Wales and you agree to submit any dispute arising out of the use of this website to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales. The information on Our Websites relates only to the Laws of England and Wales except where expressly stated otherwise.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions of Use or the Notice of Copyright is found to be invalid by any Court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of that provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions.
- We are not authorised under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000. We may be able, in certain circumstances, to offer a limited range of investment services to clients, such as arranging and advising, which are incidental to our legal services or which are regarded as a necessary part of our legal services. In doing so we are regulated by the Solicitors Regulatory Authority. As we are not authorised by the UK Financial Conduct Authority, we are not able to give advice on the merits of investment transactions, and nothing we say or do should be construed as an invitation or inducement to engage in investment activity.
- We are included on the register maintained by the UK Financial Conduct Authority so that we can carry on insurance mediation activities which, broadly, is the advising on, selling and administration of insurance contracts. This part of our business, including arrangements for complaints or redress if something goes wrong, is regulated by the Solicitors regulatory Authority. The register can be accessed via the UK Financial Conduct Authority website at www.fsa.gov.uk/Pages/register
- Wolferstans takes reasonable care to ensure that all material included on Our Websites is accurate. However, it is intended for information only and does not represent legal advice. Whilst we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct no representation or warranty, express or implied, is made as to its accuracy or completeness. You should consult a suitably qualified lawyer on any specific legal problem or matter.
- We shall endeavour to make Our Websites available. However, Wolferstans will not be liable if, for any reason, the site is unavailable for any period of time. Access to Our Websites may be suspended at any time without prior notice being given.
- To the extent permitted by applicable laws, Wolferstans expressly disclaims all liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage or expenses of any kind howsoever arising occasioned from the use or inability to use Our Websites and the use or copying of any information or material whether directly or indirectly from our websites, even if such loss was reasonably foreseeable and Wolferstans had been advised of the possibility of the same. This exclusion of liability does not extend to liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence.
- Wolferstans does not accept responsibility for any issues arising in connection with such third party sites that we may from time to time provide links to from Our Websites. The content of such third party sites is not under our control. The inclusion of such links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorsement of the views expressed in them. Wolferstans has not and cannot review all the content of sites linked to Our Websites. Users link to other sites at their own risk.
Unless expressly stated to the contrary, copyright in the text, graphics and information contained in Our Websites is owned by Wolferstans.
You may print or download to your personal computer extracts for personal use providing that the Wolferstans or MyInjuryLawyer Websites are acknowledged as the source.
You may not make any other use of the material on this site including any copies without our prior written permission. Please contact our Senior Partner for permission.
Our Complaints Policy
We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
Our Complaints Procedure
If you have a complaint, please contact Roger Sands on email@example.com or call 01752 292316. If we have to change any of the responsibilities or the timescales set out below we will let you know and explain why.
- Within three working days we will send you a letter acknowledging your complaint and asking you to confirm or explain any details. We will also let you know the name of the person who will be dealing with your complaint. This will usually be the Head of the Department which dealt with the matter.
- We will record your complaint in our central register and open a file for your complaint. When appropriate we will investigate your complaint by examining the relevant file.
- If appropriate we will then invite you to meet Alisa Willows to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. We would hope to be in a position to meet with you in this way no longer than 21 working days after first receiving your complaint. If you would prefer not to meet, or if we cannot arrange this within an agreeable timescale, we will write fully to you setting out our views on the situation and any redress that we feel would be appropriate.
- Within three working days of any meeting we will write to you to confirm what took place and any suggestions that we have agreed with you. In appropriate cases we could offer an apology, a reduction of any bill or a repayment in relation to any payment received.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied or we are unable to resolve your complaint, you can request that your complaint is reviewed by a member of our Management Board. We would generally aim to do this within 10 working days of referal to them. This will usually happen by the Management Board member reviewing the decision of Roger Sands, however in appropriate cases we may deal with the review in one of the following ways;
- We may arrange for someone else in the firm who has not been involved in your complaint to review it, for instance if it is necessary for the reviewer to have specialist knowledge in a certain area of law. If this is appropriate we will let you know the name of the person who will be reviewing the decision.
- We will invite you to agree to independent mediation. We will let you know more details about this and how long this process will take, if this is an appropriate option.
- We will let you know the result of the review within five working days of the end of the review. At this time we will write to you confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
- If you object to a bill, you have the right to apply to the court for an assessment of the bill under Part III of the Solicitors Act 1974. The Legal Ombudsman may not consider a complaint about a bill if you have already applied to the court for assessment of the bill.
- If, after following our internal complaints procedure, you are still not satisfied, you can contact the Legal Ombudsman (LeO) about your complaint. The LeO has time limits for dealing with complaints. You should contact them:-
- After eight weeks of referring your complaint to us, if it has not been resolved to your satisfaction.
- Within six year from the act or omission that your complain of or three years from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint.
We are subject to compulsory insurance requirements.
Our insurers for these purposes are QBE Insurance (Europe) Ltd, Plantation Place, 30 Fenchurch Street, London, EC3M 3BD. Telephone 020 7105 4000. Territorial coverage is worldwide in respect of practice from offices in England and Wales but subject to exclusions and limitations relating to territory, cover and indemnity in respect of USA or Canada.