Social Services Solicitors

Wolferstans have a strong Child Care Team within the Family Department, which is recognised as being one of the most experienced firms to work with families who are involved with Social Services. We have lawyers who are accredited members of both the Law Society Children’s Panel and Resolution accredited specialists. This means they specialise in the law concerning children and keep the welfare of the children at the heart of what they do.

We can offer advice and assistance in working with Social Services before any proceedings are issued, which can include attendance at PLO meetings. If proceedings are issued, we can act for and support clients through the entire process to ensure they receive a fair and effective representation.

We are aware of the importance to parents of receiving clear advice when working with social services at a very difficult time in their lives. We have a highly trained team who are able to offer advice and assistance in an understanding and empathetic way to support you through the process.

Contact us to arrange an appointment as quickly as possible. We are happy to facilitate appointments face to face, over the telephone or by video call, whichever is most convenient to you. The sooner you instruct us the better prepared we can be to assist you in any court proceedings.

Wolferstans can offer you the best advice to ensure that your views are heard by the court before any decisions are made.

Who do we represent?

Our team can represent parents, children (through a Children’s Guardian or directly) and any other family members involved in these proceedings

We have specialists who advise grandparents or other family members who may wish to be considered as alternative carers when children cannot be cared for by their parents.

To view a guide on public law, please click here.

How much will it cost?

Legal Aid is immediately available to anyone who has parental responsibility for a child if an application is made to the court by the Local Authority. We can advise further about obtaining legal aid if you are a parent or person without parental responsibility and need to be involved in the proceedings.

If court proceedings have not yet started, we will be able to see you if you have supporting evidence as to the current involvement of social services. Most clients qualify for legal help at this stage, which means that we will not charge for any assistance we provide. Please ring our new client co-ordinators who will be able to assess your financial eligibility.

Get in touch to discuss how we can help you by calling 01752 292201.