Global Recycling Day
At Wolferstans Solicitors, we take our impact on the environment very seriously, whether our staff are in the office or working from home.
Thursday 18th March 2021 marks the fifth Global Recycling Day where the world is called upon to make changes, however big or small, to minimise our consumption of the world’s natural resources.
The initiative is run by the Global Recycling Foundation, where they aim to “Promote the vitality of recycling across the globe.” They say it is a day for action, for the world to come together and put the planet first, to change the mind-set of businesses, communities and individuals to see recyclables as a resource. The Global Recycling Foundation want people to see that recycling is the seventh resource of the planet.
So, what can you do to help? The minds at www.recyclingbins.co.uk have put together some top tips to help make recycling part of your everyday life:
1) Have a System: whether it be your green recycling bin or bag, have it near to your household waste bin to act as a reminder of what can be recycled.
2) Knowledge is Power: most councils have a list of what items can be placed in your household recycling bin. For people in Plymouth, here is a refresher.
3) Recycle plastic bottles: this may seem obvious, but don’t forget that items such as shampoo and mouthwash bottles can be included.
4) Recycle all paper and cardboard: it’s not just newspapers, but also envelopes, wrapping paper, birthday card (as long as they don’t contain glitter) and toilet rolls.
5) Keep a bag by your front door: that way any junk mail which arrives can be placed straight into the bag ready for your next recycling collection.
If you are not sure when your next recycling day is, you can check on your local council’s website for advice and information. For people living in Plymouth, you can find your next collection day here