Wolferstans is a Devon-based modern law practice, with a strong heritage of over 200 years, based in the centre of the busy city of Plymouth with satellite offices in Plympton and Plymstock. We work with a diverse client base and are currently expanding.
Wolferstans are an equal opportunities employer. Whatever your field of expertise, we are always interested in hearing from outstanding, talented and ambitious people who are looking to develop their career.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a growing Employment Team within a successful and expanding Business Services Department. We are looking for a talented, confident advisor with experience in providing employment law advice. There is a readymade case load for the right candidate with opportunities to become involved in advising, marketing, business development and to continue building upon the success experienced to date.
We have a strong local reputation and client base and wish to maximise our opportunity to grow further. Our client base consists of large local businesses, schools, higher education establishments, medium sized owner-manged enterprises, start-ups and individuals. The existing case load is a mix of non-contentious and Tribunal work with a focus on non-contentious advice for local schools and businesses. We also regularly provide TUPE support to other Teams within the Department.
We are happy to consider a wide range of candidates, from those who have recently qualified, to those with several years of experience. We are looking for somebody who is highly IT literate, personable and confident to give on the spot advice by telephone or to tight deadlines. The ability to maintain and develop good client relationships is key, and the ideal candidate will be keen to become involved in business development activities.
The Team is forward thinking, and we embrace modern ways of working to include a paper-light office. Home-working is encouraged while staff development and well-being is a focus for the Firm.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Conducted work that includes advising employers (non-contentious work);
• Strong communication skills;
• Professional and positive work attitude
• Modern IT Skills
• Strong organisational skill with excellent attention to detail;
• Commitment to the Firm and the ability to provide a confident and positive input when required;
While experience of either Tribunal work and/or advising within the education sector is advantageous but not essential.
Closing Date – Sunday 8 March*
We have a vacancy for a Legal Cashier to join our busy Cashiers team.
This is an opportunity to join a well-established team of Legal Cashiers. The successful candidate should have previous experience of working as a legal cashier and will have the ability to work to strict time scales as an individual and as part of a team.
This is a full time position working at our North Hill office.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience of working as a legal cashier or in a legal accounts team environment (essential);
- Previous experience of working with Solicitors Accounts Software;
- Knowledge of Solicitors Accounts Rules;
- Ability to deal sensitively and appropriately with confidential information;
- Ability to work well under pressure within stipulated timescales to achieve specified deadlines;
- Keen eye for detail;
- Excellent communication skills and a professional work attitude;
- Organisational skills and to be able to manage his/her own personal working time;
- Commitment to the firm and the ability to provide a confident and positive input;
- Positive attitude to their own personal development and to the development of the firm.
Closing Date – Friday 20 March*