Child Bereavement UK
Child Bereavement UK supports families and educates professionals when a baby or child of any age dies or is dying, or when a child is facing bereavement. Every year they train more than 8000 professionals, helping them to better understand and meet the needs of grieving families.
Their vision is for all families to have the support they need to rebuild their lives, when a child grieves or when a child dies. Their mission is to ensure the accessibility of high quality child bereavement support and information to all families and professionals by increasing their reach and plugging the gaps that exist in bereavement support and training across the country and embedding standards in the sector.
There are a variety of ways for you to get in touch with Child Bereavement UK including:
- Telephone helpline: 08000 288 840 – Child Bereavement UK provide confidential support, information and guidance to families and professionals. Their professionally trained bereavement support practitioners are available to take calls 9am-5pm Monday-Friday
- Email – email@example.com
- Website – www.childbereavementuk.org
- Post – Clare Charity Centre, Wycombe Road, Saunderton, Buckinghamshire, HP14 4BF
Child Bereavement UK provide face-to-face support at a growing number of locations across the country, their services include:
- Individual, couple and family support sessions;
- Parents’ support groups for baby and child death and support through a subsequent pregnancy;
- Family Support Groups for children aged 4-12 to attend with adult carers; • A Young People’s Advisory Group (YPAG) for bereaved young people up to age 25.
They also operate an established training, consultancy and staff support service, providing:
- Workshops, courses and conferences covering a breadth of subjects, both at their dedicated charity centre in Buckinghamshire and at venues across the country;
- Tailor-made workshops, devised by their experienced facilitators to meet an organisation’s specific needs;
- Comprehensive course materials;
- Certificates of attendance for Continuing Professional Development (all their training is CPD certified);
- Consultancy/supervision offering information and guidance to organisations in the statutory, voluntary and corporate sectors.
For more information about training for professionals please call 01494 568908 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wolferstans is fully supportive of the Baby Loss Awareness campaign and more information can be found on our website.